Last week the Runners Rising Project hit an exciting milestone as we recorded our first interview with a UTSA student-athlete. Our volunteer staff approached UTSA wide receiver JT Clark to engage in an NIL agreement with him to produce an interview in exchange for a cash payment. We were blown away by JT’s thoughtfulness and empathy which really shone through in our interview.
Supporters of the Runners Rising Project at the Booster tier and above were provided the opportunity to submit questions for JT and attend the live recording session over Zoom. If you’d like to enjoy this level of exclusive access for future interviews with UTSA student-athletes please consider making a contribution to the project. 100% of profits will be distributed to UTSA student-athletes via various NIL deals.
Other topics we discussed with JT include:
- Why he chose Women’s Studies as his major
- An explanation of the responsibility that comes with being voted into UTSA football’s Triangle of Toughness
- JT’s relationship with new wide receiver coach Joe Price
- His focus on areas of improvement for this season
- JT’s passion for advocating for LGBTQ rights
- And much more
Thanks to JT for agreeing to work with us! We hope other organizations will look to work with JT on NIL agreements as he’s clearly an impressive young man with a bright future ahead of him.