One of the key characteristics of The Runners Rising Project is the staff is 100% comprised of volunteers. We do this to make sure that our monetary contributions go directly to supporting UTSA Student Athletes. As we ourselves are donating our time to The Project, we have to weigh that with things that are going on in other aspects of our lives.
Today, we’ve reached one of those moments. Caleb Hopkins, who is doing some phenomenal work in his day job, is stepping down as our Director of Operations for Business and Community Outreach. He’s still involved with Runners Rising, but is unable at this time to fill this key leadership role. In a public forum, I want to thank Caleb for the work that he put in in helping Runners Rising get airborne, as well as serving as one of the founding members of the Collective. We wish him nothing but the absolute best and are still grateful for his continued contributions to Runners Rising.
That said, we now have an opening on our staff! Here’s what the position entails:
Director of Operations for Community and Business Outreach.
- Acts as an ambassador for R2P in the San Antonio business community.
- Engages with local businesses to promote NIL activity with UTSA student athletes.
- Facilitates matchmaking between local businesses and UTSA student athletes.
- Develops relationships with San Antonio VIPs.
- Acts as Executive Director in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Weekly Time Requirement: 5-6+ Hours.
- San Antonio Based.
- Skills with public speaking and presentation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to self-start.
- High Initiative.
- Leadership experience.
If you’re interested, send us your information, including a Resume and an explanation of why you want this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, all questions may be submitted to our contact us page, as well as to the email listed above!